3.36 miles »
Hike: Black Moss, Barley
— Route provided by the Forest of Bowland Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty – see all routes
- On leaving Barley car park, walk through the picnic area and the village.
- Take the second track on the right past the Methodist Church sign-posted ‘private road’ which leads to Black Moss Reservoirs.
- At the junction turn right and follow the path to Blackmoss Road
- At the road turn left and continue along the road to the signpost on the left hand side, by a field gate. Take care on the road.
- Turn left through the gate and follow the track, passing Salt Pie Farm, to Foot House Gate Farm.
- At the Farm, pass through the gate on the right. Take the path skirting the reservoir.
- Follow the track past Over Houses, go over the bridge, and pass through the small gate on the right and back to Barley.